11 Natural Ways to Boost Your Energy and Vitality
We all want to perform and feel our best on a daily basis. The key to maximizing health, productivity and positivity is maintaining your levels of energy and vitality through natural means.
When you’re feeling full of life and vitality it’s infectious and the people around you will feel this energy too. Soon you’ll be the life of the party spewing joy into the lives of others!
Keep calm and read on to unlock sustainable and healthy ways to boost energy and vitality naturally, which should be referenced throughout your wellness journey.
Top 11 Ways to Boost Your Energy Levels and Vitality
We composed a list of simplistic and straightforward tips to help boost energy. For optimal results, reference these tips on a daily basis. Keep in mind that the more tips you implement, the more benefits you’ll receive.
Get started by choosing one or two tips that resonate best with you. Then, slowly implement these tips into your daily and weekly routine. Once you’ve incorporated one or two tips, try adding a few more.
Drink Herbal Tea To Naturally Increase Energy and Vitality
Who would’ve thought that optimal wellness lies in a cup of the right blend of herbal tea that could be made in the comfort of your own home.
Feeling a bit fatigue? Sip your way to immunity and great health with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant rich properties from Rosehip and Yerba Mate tea. Enjoy the aroma and perfect combination of nature’s powerful, refreshing tea leaves with a ready-made blend of herbal detoxification tea.
Health Benefits of Rosehip Tea
Rosehip is a holistic herbal tea that’s linked to benefits that range from skin health, immune support, and heart health.
Other benefits of Rosehip include:
- Rich in antioxidants that protect against cell damage from free radicals
- One of the highest levels of vitamin C to improve immunity
- Rich in compounds to protect skin health
- May aid in weight loss
Health Benefits of Yerba Mate Tea
Yerba Mate is a vitality tea loaded with B vitamins to combat stress.
Other benefits of Yerba Mate include:
- Helps the body utilize carbohydrates, fats, and proteins
- Boost energy levels and improve mental focus
- Contains seven of the nine essential amino acids
- Increase the amount of fat burned for energy during exercise
- Help reduce fatigue
- May reduce food cravings and boost metabolism
Limit Alcohol Consumption
According to Harvard Medical School, alcohol's sedative quality can rob you of energy causing you to feel drowsy and lethargic from drinking wine, beer, or hard liquor.
While you’re indulging in a few drinks, you may feel full of energy but in the long term alcohol drains your vitality and energy.
Some helpful tips to minimize alcohol consumption include:
- Avoid drinking during the week.
- If you do drink, drink responsibly.
- Don’t consume more than the recommended number of alcoholic beverages per week.
Vitamins and Supplements To Boost Energy Levels
Supplementing with natural vitamin supplements is an excellent way to ensure that you’re getting the essential minerals and nutrients required to remain healthy and fit.
Some of the best vitamins and supplements for energy include:
- B Vitamins
- Co-enzyme Q10
- Green Tea Extract
- Whey Protein
- Yerba Mate
Exercise to Boost Energy and Vitality
Experts recommend incorporating some form of physical activity and exercising 20 minutes daily to elevate your heart rate and blood through your body.
Simple exercises to elevate energy levels include:
- Taking the stairs instead of the elevator
- Do ten squats a couple of times a day
- Brisk walking
- Deep breathing
- Jump rope
- Step aerobics
Yoga Poses To Increase Energy and Vitality
Another great option to increase energy and vitality is to practice yoga poses daily.
Some yoga poses to consider include:
- Forward folding yoga poses, which are calming and help reduce stress and tension
- Back bending yoga poses to boost energy, vitality and stamina
- Deep breathing or vinyasa
If you’re brand new to yoga, check out these free resources online like yoga videos for beginners. The beginners classes are generally pretty short to make them accessible for new students.
In 20 minutes or less of doing yoga you can release your stress and feel an amazing boost of energy and happiness.
Drink Water To Increase Energy
It’s important to remain hydrated with water to maintain healthy energy levels and overall wellbeing.
Drinking water is the best source of fluids for the body, joints, organs, skin and vitality.
The minimum recommended daily water intake is:
- An average of 3.7 liters or 125 oz. for men
- An average of 2.7 liters or 91 oz. for women
Essential Oils to Boost Energy
Essential oils are an important element of a healhty lifestyle.
You can use any number of essential oils in the bath, as dietary supplements or in a diffuser to benefit from the aromatherapeutic qualities they have to boost energy.
Essential oils that help improve energy levels include:
Improve Your Diet To Boost Energy
The ultimate goal is to eat to live.
Take a look at your current diet and decide how you can make changes to improve your nutrition to receive energy from the foods that you eat.
Remember, it’s better to eat small portions more frequently instead of large meals infrequently. By doing so, this will allow your body time to properly digest food, extract the nutrients that you need and stop bloating and indigestion.
Some foods to help improve energy levels include:
- Brown Rice
- Chia Seeds
- Garbanzo Beans
- Green Tea
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Sweet Potatoes
Manage Stress Levels
In the hectic modern world that we live, it can be challenging to manage stress. So make sure that you give yourself ample time and space to work through any issues that you’re experiencing.
Some ideas to consider to help reduce stress and improve energy include:
- Breathing exercises
- Choose you - put you first
- Disassociate yourself with draining and stressful people
- Eat healthy, balanced meals
- Express your thoughts in lieu of keeping them bottled inside
- Learn to say “no” more
- Listen to music or therapeutic podcasts
- Put you first
- Remain positive and optimistic
- Sleep 7-9 hours daily
- Smile often
- Speak to a close friend, family member, or a mental health therapist
- Vacation, even if its locally or going on a mini road trip
Quit Smoking To Boost Energy and Vitality
If you are a smoker you already know that it can have serious implications on your long term health. Moreover, in the short term, smoking saps your energy and steals your bodies natural vitality!
There are several courses and programs to help you quit. You’ll be in awe of how much healthier you’ll feel once you are able to kick the bud and stop smoking.
Some effective tips to help quit smoking include:
- Avoid alcohol, peers that smoke or triggers
- Become active to help clear your mind and thoughts
- Deep cleaning to remove the scent of smoke from clothing and the house
- Eat more fresh fruit, vegetables, protein and whole grains
- Nicotine replacement therapy
- Prescribed medicine to help minimize cravings
- Support groups
- Understand that it’s a process - so take it easy on yourself
Improve Sleeping Habits To Boost Energy
Getting ample sleep is essential for optimal health that will help boost energy and vitality.
“Research suggests that quality sleep can increase ATP levels. ATP levels surge in the initial hours of sleep, especially in key brain regions that are active during waking hours.” - Harvard Health
Some tips that may help improve sleeping habits and boost energy are:
- Avoid drinking caffeine from the afternoon onward
- Eat until you’re full - don’t over eat and practice portion control
- Create an evening ritual that allow you to woosah, reflect and unwind
- Create a sleeping schedule and stick to it
- Make your bedroom a safe haven for rest only, not work or technology
- Music therapy i.e., the sound of the ocean or water may be soothing and help you sleep more peacefully
- Ensure the blinds and curtains are closed tightly to help keep the room dark
Overcome Fatigue and Boost Your Energy Levels using Natural Methods
Taking good care of yourself and staying in shape is the best way that you can help keep your energy levels up and your vitality at its peak! Make use of all life’s opportunities by eating healthy, balanced meals, incorporating mild to moderate exercises into a regular routine and giving yourself the ‘me time’ that you deserve.
Supplements and essential oils are a fantastic addition to complement your lifestyle. They help give you natural, long lasting energy and vitality to help keep you at your best self.
We hope that you found these tips beneficial and will inspire you to lead a healthier lifestyle that’s full of energy and vitality. If you did, share this article with a loved one or with your friends on social media.